This Memorial Event was created in 2005 by the son and friends of Kathleen Gaynor Ferris who passed away in hospice home care. The original event was called Arts Alive and was inspired by Kathleen’s love of the arts and her commitment to making a difference in the lives of people in our community. While battling leukemia, Kathy became a patient of Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services. She was able to concentrate on being comfortable and living for the day. Arts Alive is meant to celebrate life through art and fitness.
The Memorial run/walk was initiated in 2006 as part of the Arts Alive Weekend and has now become the focus of our event. The title has been changed to Run for Hospice and we invite all runners and walkers to come out to run or walk in honor of, or in memory of, a loved one. We would like to see teams run or walk for fun or competitively.
About the Run For Hospice
Proceeds Have Supported
Over the past 12 years our event raised over $200,000 for quality of life needs of patients at Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services in the greater Wausau Area. Proceeds from the event have enabled us to contribute towards: (Click here for some pictures)
Mission and Purpose
The Mission and Purpose of Run for Hospice is to support hospice and palliative care patients and families of north central Wisconsin.
- Respite garden completion and maintenance
- Compassionate Friends Grief Support Group
- Creation of the Kathleen Gaynor Ferris Endowment Fund
- Purchase of outdoor furniture for gazebo and patio
- Purchase of window coverings and electronic lift beds & chairs for each room at hospice house
- Support of music therapy for hospice with purchase of instruments
- Access to hospice and palliative care for unfunded patients
Proceeds this year will support quality of life initiatives for patients and families at the Aspirus Hospice House.
Mark & Kerry Fehrman
Proudly Sponsored by:
Click Here for all Sponsors